Friday, March 19, 2010

Neither Here Nor There

I know, I've neglected the blog. I am a bad blogger. Shame on me.

I just haven't had a whole lot to say.

Well, at least not enough to make a meaty blog update.

We really haven't done anything fun lately that made me reach for my camera. That's not to say we haven't had fun, we have....just nothing out-of-this-world to make me start composing a blog update before the fun was even over.

So here's a little mish-mosh of Egan goodness. A little update here, a random thought there, and a whole lotta nothing in between.

I'm still hobbled. I'm enduring physical therapy three times a week. I'm an obedient patient, but truth be told, I'm pissy as hell. I don't get rid of this damn boot until April 3rd. I plan on having a Ceremonial Burning of The Boot shortly thereafter. Everyone's invited.

Rob is gearing up for the baseball season. But first he gets to spend five fun-filled days with the geriatric crowd down in Bradenton. Lots of naps, baseball and early nights. Good times.

The snow is finally gone. I can see my day lilies sprouting up. Unfortunately, I can not get to the gardens to get all the debris left from fall and winter. I am scared of the driveway, I am scared of my yard. If it ain't level ground, I ain't going. I'll just wave from the safety of my LEVEL porch.

Drew started wearing deodorant. He is extremely proud. He told everyone from his van driver to the lunch ladies to his religious ed teacher. And now his Mom is telling the internet. For the record, his brand of choice is Old Spice.

(I told you nothing earth-shaking was going on around here.)

Caroline was evaluated at school and has tested into the Gifted Program for next year. She blows us all away. We are so proud of her.

What's one more with an IEP?

Gabe is doing well at school, and is working diligently to make both his teacher and his aide happy. He loves coming home with smiley faces and "happy notes."

I've developed a bad habit of leaving my cane somewhere and hobbling away from it. Several times a day I find myself somewhere and my cane is on the other side of the house/building. This happens both at home and at work. My physical therapists would not be happy to hear this.

The boys are eagerly anticipating the start of the Miracle League baseball season in May.

Caroline, although she keeps saying she wants to quit, is looking forward to her ballet recital in June.

I am finally able to take a shower (start to finish) unassisted.

(Again, I warned you there was no real news to report.)

My husband is slowly handing back over the reigns of all the mommy-duties he had to take over after my accident. The last ones to be returned? Dish duty and lunchbox packing. I've never seen Rob so happy.

Hello, my name is Ck Egan, it is March 19th and I still have snowmen up in my house. I can't help it, they are up high. I'm short. Climbing a ladder? Not any time soon.

I've found a sure-fire way to get my picky-eater (Caroline) to try new foods. Cold. Hard. Cash.

Drew still isn't over finding out that Darth Vadar is Luke's father. He's equally distraught about finding out that Anikan Skywalker grows up to be Darth Vadar. This kid is obsessed.

Gabe now thinks Father Aron is the funniest guy around. All because of the chicken dancing at the parish Mardi Gras party. I tried to upload the video. Blogger was not cooperative. Trust me, it was funny.

We're all anxious for spring, the lack of snow and driveways that are free of ice. This nice weather has us all excited and ready to ditch the winter clothes and trade them in for hoodies and flip flops.

Ok, I'm out of news. I hope this satisfies your need for Egan Fodder.

I would say "more later" but I'm not sure it would be sincere. So, instead I'll sign off with: "Until next time!"

1 comment:

Pam said...

Can't wait to see pics of the boot burning!

Sounds like everything else is going alright in your world. Also let's be honest here CK, we all know you are using the ladder as an excuse and you really love the snowmen year round! BUSTED!