Thursday, October 13, 2011

Regina: Four Months

Stats:

Weight:16 lbs 2 oz. The child is BIG. And exclusively breastfed!!

Length: 25.5 inches. She's very long. Very.

Head circumference: 95th percentile...again.

Hair: Still fuzzy. Expect this to stay the same until she's about three. Blame Rob, he contributed the bald baby genes. *sigh*

Eyes: I honestly do not know, I've never actually seen this color before.....

Smiles: At everyone and everything. Especially her siblings.

Voice: Found, and constantly in use. We've gotten a fair amount of giggles too. She even "sings" while eating.

Drools: Nonstop. We haven't found the off switch yet.

Milestones: Last month it was rolling from her back to her tummy. This month it was rolling from her tummy onto her back. She's also started gumming some food....specifically Eggo waffles.


This month Regina has:



Hung out with her siblings in the morning..........




She got a great new toy. we call it The Office, as all of our kids 'got down to business' when we put them in it. Regina's office is an exersaucer/jumpy combination. It is a lot of fun. She loves playing in it, and we love watching her.............
(we had to use the game box for the first few days until the springs loosened up a bit and her little feet hit could touch the floor.)




She continues to fall asleep anywhere the fatigue takes over.....



She loves the bumbo seat, and has spent more and more time in it.




She posed in one of Caroline's old dresses. It was quite the photo shoot. Like her sister, Regina was enthralled by the fishies on her shoes............(side note: Caroline didn't wear this dress until she was seven months old.)








We went to the pumpkin patch. Regina was largely unimpressed.



Posing with the sibs. I love Caroline and Gabe's identical head tilts.



She really enjoys tubbies in the sink. I enjoy these as well, as they are so much easier on my back and (bad) leg.





One evening I plopped her on Caroline's bed so I could change the crib sheet. It was bedtime, and I had forgotten to do this earlier in the day. Caroline snuggled in with her, and I noticed Regina was very close to sleeping. I let her stay with Caroline, and they slept like that for about an hour. Caroline was SO proud.



Regina has started mouthing some waffles. She doesn't get much in, which is fine. She basically just licks them until they are so soggy she can't hold them any longer. Her expressions are priceless.






She found her fingers a while ago, but is now able to get her thumb in her mouth all by itself. I'm trying my best to replace that thumb with a binky. Caroline is seven and we're still battling the thumb addiction. I'd like to avoid that with Regina. But it sure is cute when she does get that thumb in!


She continues to be a happy and relatively easy baby. we are going through some separation anxiety and some apprehension around strangers. She does not like people she doesn't know holding her. She's a momma's girl, and for the most part that's fine with me. She does go to her Dad and Drew with no problem, and that's very helpful. In social situations we like the wrap/sling. It is her safe and happy place and it reduces the "can I hold her?" requests. LOL



That's all!!! Bye-bye!!!

No comments: