Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Served

Drew has always loved mass. His first real sentence (other than "I see cookies.") was part of the Eucharistic Prayers. For those non-Catholics, the Eucharistic prayers are said by the priest, not the congregants. He's always paid attention, he's always been well-behaved.

He went through a phase of watching EWTN on a daily basis. he even had his own vestments and mass props. He "celebrated" many a mass here in the living room. Sometimes, as you can see below, he allowed his brother to be his concelebrant.





That phase started in 2004, the above picture was taken in 2007.

Fast forward a few years. Drew is now eleven, and in the fifth grade. (No idea how that happened. Where's my preemie?) Last week he served his first mass.

*thud*

Yeah, I'm still falling off my chair when I think about it.

He was fabulous. He was admittedly very nervous, and his stiff body language confirmed it. But he did well, and enjoyed the experience. He's on the schedule again for this week.

He let me take his picture, but told me I had to "make it snappy" as he had things to do. Ok son, pardon me!

His only hiccup was burning his finger a bit as he tried to light a match. Shame on us for not teaching our son how to light a match. *sarcasm*





This kid continues to amaze us and make us proud!

No comments: