We were pounded with a very tame (read: no wind, no ice, just snow.) snowstorm overnight. School was canceled, and all the kids were home. The temps really warmed up throughout the day, and the snow was a nice, wet, packing snow. Not yet the treacherous slush that is so easily slipped on, just enough to grip under the weight of your boots.
In short: I felt safe venturing outside.
I bundled Regina up, Drew and Caroline threw on their outdoor stuff (minus snow pants, which Drew regretted afterwards.) and joined us.
This kid loves the snow. She loves it too much. After about 45 minutes she would no longer keep her mittens on, so we called it quits. She threw the mother of all fits when I brought her in.
We started the day by watching Daddy clear away the snow in the driveway.
She fell a lot. Snow is tricky to walk in! But it never upset her, she laughed through it all. The snow was wet enough that it would pull the fleece mittens right off her hands. She never complained. It was obviously difficult to catch her looking at the camera.
"Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"
She loved the sled. She quickly learned how to hold onto the sides to maintain her balance.
All in all, it was a good time. I'm hoping that March starts to settle down and behave in a more spring-like manner.
*sigh* A mom can dream.

No comments:
Post a Comment