Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gabe Serves


 Gabe has been wanting to serve for a while now.  We've been holding him off, telling him "maybe when you're twelve."  Several weeks ago, Fr. John approached Rob, asking if Gabe would like to be a server.  Would he ever!  Fr. John and I made arrangements for Gabe to train with Drew at a couple of weekday masses.  The child was ecstatic!



 Day one: in his Alb.

 
 Day one:  both my serving boys!  (Sorry about the glowy eyes, I don't know why that happened....)


Day one:  Gabe got to hold the book.  Drew is standing next to him, to guide him and help if needed.


 Day one:  The Egan boys!




Day two:  processing in and carrying one of those really heavy candles.  Notice Drew giving him the side-eye to make sure he keeps up.



Day two:  Standing appropriately and learning the ropes.  He loved every second.



 He did a fine job, and really enjoyed it.  He's not quite ready to be put on the schedule yet, but he's getting there.  I have to give Drew a shout-out; he was so patient with his brother, and so helpful.  My boys are growing up!!!!

No comments: