Thursday, August 29, 2013

OMG, I have a teenager.


 Drew turned thirteen!

THIRTEEN.

ThirTEEN.

Someone better come pick me up off the floor.

We celebrated quietly at home.  He asked for a 'big gift' of a 4th generation iPod Touch.  Therefore he only had one package to unwrap.  Seeing as we were celebrating in Grand Haven with Gramps, Grammie and Lala and family, all the Dunn family gifts were there waiting for him when we got to Grand Haven a week later.  He did have a stack of cards from Uncle Joe and family and some of his Egan relatives.  Sadly, I did not get pictures of any of it.

He is not very photo friendly these days.

Unless he's trying to look like a thug.

Or unless they are selfies.  Many of his cousins have complained about his selfies on facebook.  I'm hoping he tires of them before I have to tell him to stop.

But I do have pics of the cake.

He got all thirteen candles with one blow. 







He scored lots of sports apparel from Gramps, Grammie, Mimi and family and Lala and family.  He now needs no new t-shirts for back to school.  Score for me as well!

He also got a facebook page for his birthday.  He loves it.  he loves it a little too much.  I do a lot of monitoring.  However, I'm sure this will wane as well once he's busy with school and school activities.

My little preemie is now taller than me!  (Although I maintain the weight advantage.  Ahem.)  His feet are huge.  We are starting to see the shadow of a moustache establishing residency on his upper lip. 

He's a fun kid.  He loves sports, especially all things Detroit.  He seems to prefer the Redwings and the Tigers.  He's been "working" at the ballpark after the games, as an honorary grounds crew member.  He enjoys it, and does a pretty good job.  He enjoys hanging out with the guys, and so far hasn't picked up too many of their bad habits.

Next week he'll start seventh grade and the junior high.  he's a member of the marching band, and seems to enjoy it.  He's excited about school starting, and was rather proud of himself for getting his locker open on the second try during orientation.

My baby is turning into a young man.

He's a fine young man.  Loving, caring, sweet and compassionate.  I am very proud of him.

His room however,  is a disaster area.  

But I'll take messy and loving over tidy and nasty any day! 

No comments: