Thursday, September 12, 2013

Marching Band


 After much anticipation, lots of practices and a fair amount of nerves, the AAJHS 7th Grade Marching Band had it's first performance on Wednesday.

It was dreadfully hot.  Miserably hot.  Unbearably hot.

And the poor kid had to wear this:
 While it looks nice, it easily weighs 15 pounds.  Fifteen pounds of polyester which is not the most breathable of fabrics.




 They played the National Anthem pre-game, and also played some fun stuff during the game.  Typical marching band/football game stuff.

 A storm was on it's way, so after they played during halftime, they were able to leave.  They only played one song.  You can tell they were kind of nervous, but I think they did well.  He's in the third row of band members, fourth kid back. 





 The video is kind of long.  The best time to see him is at the end.

 He came home extremely hot, very sweaty, somewhat stinky and very, very pleased with himself.  They play again in two weeks.  I'm sure I'll have more pics and video!

No comments: