Monday, October 09, 2006

Graffiti and Inventive Spelling!!!


Drew enjoyed the sidewalk chalk yesterday while Rob was mowing the lawn. The first picture (which is he did an awesome job of writing his name!) is a picture of "The Big Church", our Cathedral. It's one of his favorite things to draw these days. He does a pretty good job too! The second picture is Drew attempting to spell the word "little", he was sounding it out and writing the letters. This excites me, as it is VERY typical kindergarten behavior! He's very proud of his work, and I hope the rain holds off for a couple of days so his work is untouched.


The weekend was busy, we had a wedding on Saturday. I forgot that weddings are all-day events! We all came home pretty wrecked. The kids were so good through the ceremony and reception. They did us proud. We spent yesterday doing some odds and ends around the house and just recovering from the day before.


Rob is beside himself with glee that the Tigers eliminated the Yankees and advanced to the ALCS. I just want it to be over. Rob and his brothers and brother-in-law will be going to the game on Friday. It's been quite the sporting event-filled autumn for Rob. This WILL end.


Must run, I have a pot roast in the oven. YUM!

No comments: