
We spent the day Sunday putting out some of our Christmas decorations. We spent a bit of time outside "helping" Rob put up the lights around the carport/patio. When the kids got too cold and a bit fussy, I brought them in to decorate their own tree down in the family room. Gabe showed no interest.....there were cars....racing....on tv!!!! Drew and Caroline really enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree. I had to stop myself several times from moving ornaments and tweaking. This is their tree! They love it, and it's perfect.On Christmas Eve, Santa will bring a big tree which will be set upstairs in the living room. Not only will Drew, Gabe and Caroline get presents from Santa this year, but thier Christmas tree as well!
This solves two logistical nightmares. 1. No needles in my living room. Which means no fire hazard! 2. Santa can put the tree on the hardwood floor in the corner in front of the front door. It's the perfect spot, and while on Christmas break, we can use the side door. It will only be up a few days, and will be out at the curb before it can even consider dropping a needle!
All logistics aside......I think it would be pretty darn cool to wake up and see not only presents...but a big, sparkly tree!!!
I have lots to do today....have to finish up the Thanksgiving grocery shopping and start the Big Clean to prepare for the fam that's coming into town.

No comments:
Post a Comment