
Yesterday I had a Parent Advisory Board meeting at the pre-school. We meet in the gym, so the kids can play on all the climbing toys. Caroline loves this, she could go down the slides all day.
For the first time, she actually approached another child (a little girl) and invited her to play. She's seen this little girl before, at other meetings, but has never really interacted with her. Kennedy is a year older, but about the same size as Caroline.
Caroline and Kennedy played and giggled and squealed and had a grand time. They even gave each other a great big good-bye hug. Both Kennedy's mom and I were near tears watching them...it was that sweet. I was touched because Caroline doesn't always like to play with kids her own age...she's very used to her brothers. Kennedy's mom told me that a lot of kids don't want to play, or like to play with Kennedy, so this was a very special moment.
As we were leaving, Caroline tells me "Momma, Ken-dee Carewine's friend."
I forgot to mention, Kennedy has Down's Syndrome.
I am so proud of my little girl who saw nothing different about this child, and only saw her as a potential playmate and friend.
The above pic is a very proud Caroline with "pretties" in her hair. Pretties that she asked to wear, and wore most of the day! PROGRESS!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment