
Both Gabe and Caroline started school today. Gabe goes all day now, which is something totally new for him. He jumped right on the school van, and greeted his classmates enthusiastically. He gave me a kiss good-bye and said; "Bye Mom. See ya in a few hours." My jaw hit the pavement.He got home shortly after three o'clock with sparkles in his eyes and a permanent smile. I asked him if he had fun and he immediately said "YES!". But, when I asked him if he wanted to go back tomorrow he quickly said "no". Something tells me he'll change his mind and will be just as thrilled to jump on that van tomorrow morning.


Miss Caroline also started pre-school today. She was very excited to go. Unlike her two brothers who both dissolved into tears on their first day of pre-school, Caroline walked into school without once looking back. Of course Mumble, the penguin, was her companion today. We'll fight that battle tomorrow morning.
She was excited about everything from her pretty dress to her new shoes to her princess backpack. When I picked her up, she was very excited to see me, and proudly showed me her folder and her artwork. She had a great time and is very excited to go back tomorrow.
They were both pretty whooped from school and all the excitement. Caroline was asleep by 7:30 and Gabe fell asleep almost immediately as well. It was a long summer, we had a lot of fun. But it was time for school to start. Everyone was ready! Drew starts Friday. For the first time in seven years I'll have an empty house/van for two and a half hours every day. I love my children, but it will be so nice to have some Ck time.

No comments:
Post a Comment