Here's a massive "sum up" of the last month and a half.
February:
Caroline read to a picture of her teacher's baby. Her teacher was on maternity leave all of February. She just returned this week. She was missed.

Caroline and Brianna modeling the new aprons and bakers hats at school. These two are thick as thieves and have even taken to chatting on the phone.

Rob visited Gabe's class on career day. His job is kind of hard to explain to the kindergarten crowd, so he told them he worked at the ballpark with Steamer. They then had a short discussion about what they like best about the ballpark. Dippin' Dots was hands down the favorite thing.



There was a special visitor at Caroline's Valentine's Day party. Baby Bella made her debut. Baby Bella's Mom (Mrs. Creamer) also came by to visit. The kids were all very excited.
Caroline, Brianna and Morgan doing a craft.

Drew's school also had Valentine's Day parties. Let me tell you how much second graders enjoy bingo. Incredible!


Drew's school also had Valentine's Day parties. Let me tell you how much second graders enjoy bingo. Incredible!

As we do every year, we went to the Mardi Gras party (affectionately called The Dance Party by the Egan kids) at church. Gabe loves to dance!
Shaking his butt!



Sadly, we had to say good-bye to Scout. At thirteen years old she was in liver failure and her circulation was poor. She hadn't eaten in almost two weeks, and although she was in no pain (yet), we decided it was best to put her to sleep. The vet assured me this was the right decision. It was a very hard couple of days. The day she was put down I cried all the way to the vet's office, at the vet's office and all the way home from the vet's office. I miss my furry baby. The kids handled it ok. Drew cried a bit, Gabe was unfazed. Poor Caroline took it the hardest. I think she really enjoyed that Scout slept either on or under Caroline's bed.
The morning she was put down I took some pics of the kids saying good-bye to Scout.




This picture is a true testament as to how sick Scout really was. not only did she allow Gabe to be in the same room with her, but she also allowed him to touch her. This never happened. Gabe just tonight seemed to miss Scout for the first time. As I was kissing him good-night he said "Scout's gone?" I confirmed that Scout was in Kitty Heaven and that we wouldn't be able to see her anymore. He questioned me no further.


March:
Gabe's class had a Dr. Seuss party to celebrate the Dr. Seuss's birthday. They got cat whiskers painted on their faces and they ate green eggs and ham. Kindergarten can be so much fun!


A class picture. Gabe is in the last row, second from the right.

This is the only picture I have of Drew's first time bowling with the Special Olympics Bowling team. he had a blast!

Drew on bad hair day at school. We did what we could with what hair he had. The next day he had it cut super short again. He looks so much like Gramps it's spooky.


So, there you have it. I hope to be blogging regularly again very soon. I'm still working out some kinks with the new computer and will have to elicit the help of my brother in installing the old hard drive. I tried, but would have had to move something big and scary looking. I wimped out and decided to wait for Joe, the expert.
Until then, it may be a bit spotty, but I promise no more month-long gaps between entries.





1 comment:
At least Caroline didn't put nail polish on her eyebrows!
Post a Comment