I'm adjusting being out of the house more than I have been in years. My job is going well. I have a lot to learn, and sometimes feel hopelessly confused, but everyday things become a bit clearer. I enjoy the work and really like the people I work with. I am very blessed that they are a patient group....as I am full of questions and I trudge my way through terms and forms I am unfamiliar with.
Rob is gearing up for the "off season" which can be even more stressful than the season itself. Marketing and sales are the main focus right now. No longer are they party planners, now they have to find a way to pay for the parties. He's happy to have evenings (well, most evenings) and weekends off. The kids are enjoying rediscovering their Dad.
Not much has been going on that is blogworthy. I go days without touching my camera. We are finding our ways within our new schedules and I'm sure more interesting blogs will follow. Until then, I hope this will tide you over.
We took the kids to Lakemont Park for the annual craft fair/end of the season event. They had a good time riding the rides. I really didn't get to spend much time looking at the booths, maybe next year.
Like Last year, the boys really enjoyed the mini race cars. Gabe is such a laid-back driver. He's good at it, but doesn't see any urgency to pass his brother or reach the finish line first. Drew, on the other hand, is as aggressive as his brother is passive. He passed Gabe, on a turn, on the INSIDE and didn't make contact of any kind. His jaw is locked with determination as he lapped his brother for the second and third time. This is all business in Drew's world. It's hilarious.
Caroline, the risk taker (NOT) actually rode a horse on the carousel. It wasn't one of the horses that moved, that would be way too daring. But she at least got off the sled and onto a horse. Progress is progress.
Rob and the boys got to ride in the back of a monster truck. This did not appeal to Caroline At.All. So we stayed behind and I tried to snap some pictures. They waited in line for almost 30 minutes, but Rob reports it was worth it, as the boys both loved it.
We cleaned out some old toys at school. Whatever the teachers didn't want was being pitched. I salvaged this old cash register. I had the exact same one as a kid and remember loving it. Gabe and Caroline must have played with this thing for the better part of two hours. They even played nicely together, which is a rarity. It was sweet watching my kids enjoy something I loved so much as a kid.

No comments:
Post a Comment