A couple weeks ago he saw a kid with a mohawk, and he was completely enchanted by it. He informed me: "Mom, I want a stripe on my head."
It took me a couple days to figure out what he meant. We were at the ballpark and he pointed out a boy with the "stripe haircut" in question. I laughed at him and gave him a non-committal answer. He kept asking for a mohawk, and finally I gave in. I was pretty confident he'd chicken out, so I figured there was no harm in saying yes.
Off to Mastercuts we went. To say he was excited is an understatement. The child literally bounded into the mall.
Drew: before the stripe.
In the chair. At this point I am asking him "Are you sure? REALLY sure?"
"We don't have to do this Drew. We can just get a haircut."
"There's still time to just get a nice buzz...."
"This is so awesome. I want it spiked!!!"
One very proud kid with his (spiked) mohawk.

Drew: after. He could not have been any happier.
Drew and I have been banned from the ballpark by Rob. *rolleyes* Most people love Drew's new 'do. Rob is not one of them. Drew is fully aware that the mohawk will be gone by the first day of school. This is a summer haircut only.
I think he looks great. He's got the perfect head for it. It's made him SO HAPPY. It's done wonders for his mood, and he is so excited to show everyone.
it's just hair. It'll grow back!

1 comment:
Drew is so big now! Holy man!
He is so handsome and I love the mohawk!
Post a Comment