Trick or Treat night for us was on October 25th. Usually I am all grumbly about this strange Altoona/Blair County tradition, but this year I am grateful for it. October 25th was a BEAUTIFUL day with a high in the seventies. Trick or treat night was a comfortable sixty five degrees, without a drop of rain. Perfection. October 31st was a miserable, cold, dreary, wet, post-hurricane-Sandy day. It would have been a horrible night for trick or treating.
Caroline spent the evening with her bestie Charlotte. Charlotte lives in a nice, flat neighborhood that Caroline enjoyed immensely. I think she also enjoyed being with a girl her age, and the lack of her brothers. She came home with a huge stash of goodies, half of which she did not like. Score for Dad and Mom!
Caroline the Team USA gymnast and Charlotte the zombie.
Why does she always make such funny faces at the camera? I hope her school picture turns out better!
The boys, Regina, Rob and I hosted half of the Carini family. Joy, Andrew and Ashley joined us while Todd, Taylor and Jordan were at a football game. Did I take ANY pictures on trick or treat night? Nope. not a single one. Why? I do not know. But I was not happy with myself.
So.....
...I made the kids get back in their costumes a couple nights later to re-enact. No one was all that pleased. Again, Caroline was a gymnast, Regina wore Caroline's old Minnie Mouse costume, Gabe was a skinny Mario who didn't want to wear the moustache, and Drew was the crabbiest MLB catcher I've ever met. My fault, I didn't take into consideration how difficult it would be to walk in all that gear. HOWEVER, he was the lazy one who didn't plan a costume on his own.
Crabbiness.
Even more crabbiness.
She makes her escape!
Cue Daddy. Although this did not seem to help.
Seriously?
"I really don't think this is going to work."
Yep, it was a lost cause and I had no choice but to give up. Next year I won't forget to take pictures.
Promise.

No comments:
Post a Comment