Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oops! Regina: Months 16 and 17


 It has come to my attention (read: Drew has been vocal.) that I neglected to put up a sixteen month update.  To add insult to injury, I am seven days late putting up the seventeen month update.  I am hereby stating, for the record, that I will discontinue these monthly updates after Regina turns two.

Good grief, you start something cute for a few months and the autistic kid expects it every month.  I guess I should have seen that one coming.

No well check, the next one will be in December.  I don't know weight or height statistics in an official capacity.  I will say this, all of a sudden the size 12-18 month clothes are tight as well as short in the arms and legs.  Thank goodness for all those Schirra hand-me-downs!  

She's developed her own language and seems to prefer it to English.  She's constantly "talking" throwing in a few words in there for good measure.  Most of the time those words are "Dada", "no", "up", "shoe" and "Drew".  ("Drew" comes out sounding more like "Doooooooooooooooooo".

Destruction is the name of the game lately.  If it can be reached, it will be grabbed.  If it can be dropped, it will come crashing down.  If that cabinet.....ANY cabinet can be opened, it will be emptied.  That basket of toys?  Don't even bother putting them away, they are going to be dumped out again anyway.  And that basket of clean (FOLDED) laundry?  Don't let it sit even for a moment, it shall be emptied!

Sigh.


She loves to go bye-bye and will help me put on her coat and shoes.  Just this week she's sat in on three physical education classes.  American Education week is not so much fun with a toddler.  She charmed Caroline's phys. ed. teacher by giving him a fist bump.  Caroline's class found that to be quite remarkable.  Regina handed out a lot of fist bumps to local third graders.

She's my little shadow, and loves to be outside with me as I hang laundry.  The backyard is her favorite place.  She discovered the road, and has no fear.   The rest of us are plenty fearful and end up spending a good amount of time chasing her back up the driveway.   

Enough words, let's enjoy some pictures.







 She insisted on wearing her Minnie Mouse costume until the thing practically walked on it's own.  It was all about those red sparkly shoes!


 She was patriotic in the backyard.





 Early morning snuggles on the couch while watching Sesame Street.  She loves Bert and Ernie!


 Sunday comics and circulars are always a good read.


 She flirted with (and kissed) the jack-o-lantern.



 It did not turn into prince charming, or a frog.



 We were able to coax an itty-bitty-little-baby-'hawk in the tubby.  She was quite pleased.



 Daddy has read There's a Wocket In My Pocket at least a hundred times.  He's a very good sport.


 She stole hearts in her new hat and cousin MaeMae's old raincoat.



 Declarations of love for one cousin (She DID NOT want to be on Drew's lap.)......

 Hanging out with another cousin.....and her Daddy......and her sister......and brothers.......

She's been a busy girl.  Next month's update will include details from our upcoming Thanksgiving trip to Michigan.  More cousins!  Here's hoping she doesn't destroy Aunt Mary Pat's house.




No comments: