Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Party!

On Saturday we hosted a party for Drew.  He's never had a birthday party with his school friends (darn that August birthday!) and I wanted him to have a "last hurrah" of sorts with his friends before they all move on to the junior high.

Rob was kind enough to let us use the batting cages and the clubhouse at the ballpark.  We passed out over thirty invitations.  We had seven kids show up.  With Drew we had four boys and four girls.  it was a good mix, and the kids were a nice bunch.  They seemed to have a good time.

I didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped.  It was more difficult than I anticipated to host, feed, and entertain the kids AND keep track of my other three.  Especially Regina who was everywhere.

In lieu of gifts, we asked the kids to bring school supplies to be donated to the Gloria Gates Foundation.  (An after-school program for at-risk kids in our school district.)  I was so proud of these kids; they brought a TON of stuff.  I will be taking Drew to make the donation, pictures to follow.





They didn't eat as much as I thought they would.  we came home with almost four full pizzas.  I don't think we'll be ordering pizza anytime soon, as we're all kind of sick of it after polishing off those leftovers!


They spent a good deal of time playing a game they call Wall Ball.  I don't understand it, but they seem to love it.  When they weren't in the cages batting, they were playing Wall Ball.  At one point Gabe and Caroline also got in on the action.



The whole group.  From left:  Jayden, Jackie, Matt, Ian, Drew, Jarron, Becky and Emma. Yeah, that creepy looking grey haired dude lurking in the back is Rob.  Photobomber.

Drew was very gracious and extremely thankful.  It was a lot of work, and I experienced some heartache when the RSVPs were slow to roll in.  But it was worth it.  He may drive me crazy on a regular basis, but he really is a good kid.

No comments: