Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boo.

Here in Altoona there is a weird tradition of having trick-or-treating on the Tuesday before the 31st. I don't know why, I don't understand it and I've never found anyone who can explain it to me. Wednesday night the mall hosted trick-or-treats. We went for a bit because there was a good chance tonight would be too rainy. We met up with one of Caroline's classmates and his brother and parents. It was fun. Caroline didn't last long, and slept through most of it.

Tonight turned out to be dry and not too chilly. We went out in a neighborhood down the hill for about an hour. The kids came back loaded with more candy than they'll ever need.

Before I share pictures I'd like to tell to tell you a story. This is a story about a boy we call Gus. Gus never gets excited about Halloween. He doesn't care about costumes. He only goes trick-or-treating because he has no choice. This year his costume consisted of one of his Dad's old shirts and a tie. He had an old headset on for a bit. Yet both nights, Gus's bucket of candy is bigger than his brother and sister's. This happens every stinkin' year. I estimate that his hair was touched at every third house we visited tonight. Little old ladies marveled at it, and young women admired it. I don't know what the boy does, but he charms every female that crosses his path.
Now for the pics.

Last night at the mall:



Tonight on the porch on the way out:


Playing around with the pathetic looking scarecrow that I made for Caroline's Halloween party at school. It was fine until the hat, the hat is just...not right.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Why didn't my first message show up???? How annoying! Love the kids in costume, and Caroline being a true princess and being sleeping through the activities. Scarecrow looks awesome...is he going off to war with that hat??