Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Punkins!!!*

*Yes, I realize it's misspelled. Work with me here people!

We slaughtered pumpkins Sunday afternoon. They aren't going to last very long, as it is so unseasonably warm. Rumor has it, that trend will soon be over. Sure, just in time for trick-or-treat night. But I digress.

Rob started with only Caroline as an audience. She was not at all interested in reaching her fair hand into the pumpkin. That's my girl.

Drew's interest was soon peaked and he begrudgingly stuck his hand inside to pull out some guts.

Finally Gus arrived and was all too willing to reach his hand inside the gooey mess and pull out handful after handful of slimy goodness.

After dinner Drew was more than willing to help with the actual carving. Can I just say how thrilled I am that my seven-year-old was more than willing to wrap his little fingers around the handle of a KNIFE, but unwilling to stick his hand inside a recently slaughtered pumpkin? Yeah, I'm beyond thrilled. (Sarcasm.)

Rob and Drew did the smiley pumpkin. Drew and I picked out the template online. He was very serious about making his decision. I did the starry pumpkin myself. I just wanted to try. I'm not overly impressed with it, but the kids really like it.

Here are Caroline and Drew with the finished jack-o-lanterns. Gabe was much too busy following Rob around begging to play on the computer to be bothered with a picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkins are so cool--love your one with the stars! Autumn