*sigh*
So off to the grocery store I went. I'm pretty sure most of the Altoona population was there as well. It seemed everyone was looking for the same thing: pre-made cookie dough (I am serious when I say I am done baking.....I was willing to take any shortcut possible) and Christmas colored decorations for the cookies. I found the dough, didn't get so lucky with the decorations. But we made the best of it with M&M's, sprinkles and chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips.
I rolled the dough, and they each got to cut out as many cookies as one cookie sheet would hold (approximately nine cookies.) This was really fun. They did a great job.



After the cookies cooled, I piped icing on, and they "glued" the decorations on the cookies. This was serious business. There were difficult decisions to be made.



Proudly showing off their very own plate of cookies. Each cookie on their plate was cut out by them and decorated by them. They now have their very own tub of cookies to enjoy.



It was a lot of fun. The mess and the whining/fighting was kept to a minimum. Rob was around to run interference and keep the two who were waiting for their turn distracted. It was a great way to spend a rainy and dreary afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment