Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Reading AND Writing

Drew has turned into quite the reader. The other day he and I read a book together. He'd read a page and then I'd read a page. it was a book he'd never read before, and I was very pleased with his comprehension. He actually was so enthralled with the story, he'd forget that it was my turn to read! He would catch himself three or four pages later and laughingly tell me it was my turn. He was incredibly proud of himself, and extremely impressed that he read a 64 page book. It brought back memories of reading with my mom when I was Drew's age. One of my fondest memories.

This past weekend was a long weekend without Daddy and with too much snow to go anywhere. Drew found a pad of sticky notes and proceeded to label the house. Three days later I am still finding them. He's labeled everyone's bed, the tv's, Scout's food dish, all the doors, the wall and the fireplace....to name a few. This kid is a hoot!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. And the picture of the boys sleeping is so adorable I am in tears!