Thursday, December 18, 2008

I just haven't been up to it.

I've been harassed by many people to update my blog. Well folks, LAY OFF. I'm entitled to a hiatus every now and again. I have to be in just the right frame of mind to blog, and lately that hasn't been the case.

Here's a recap:

Thanksgiving was spent in Michigan at the Gainer's. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a ball with their "big cousins" and Rob and I enjoyed visiting with the adults. MaryPat and I made A LOT of hard candy....I came home with nearly 20 pounds! Unfortunately I didn't take many pics, so here are a few I pulled off Elle's facebook page.







Rob has a new job. Here are a couple links to our local newspaper. Article One and Article Two. This is great news for our family, but especially for Rob, who had missed being in professional sports more than he let on. He starts officially on Monday, but will still help out at the Diocese through the end of the year.

I was in a wreck the first week of December. I was hit hard enough (in a parking lot) that my van was a total loss. We are now having to van shop. Not fun. I am still having nightmares about it, and even though I was the only one in the van at the time, my dreams include the kids. I won't go any further. Let's just say, I stay up as late as I can at night hoping when I do fall asleep I will be too tired to dream. The lack of sleep is taking it's toll, last night I was out like a light by 9:30. I still have baking to do for Christmas, and that is stressing me out a bit. I had to make sure I have everything I need, because tomorrow I have to give the rental van back, and running to the store for a missing ingredient is not going to be a possibility.

I am also having anger issues with the 83 year old man who hit me in the parking lot. He obviously should not be driving any more, as he flat out said he "wasn't looking" where he was going. He drove his truck out of the parking lot with minimal damage. Mine was a total loss. No one has stood up to this man and told him "Enough!", no one has taken his keys. He continues to be insured, and because this happened in a parking lot (private property) he was issued no citation. People have commented that it is "so hard for older people to give up driving." What does this guy have to do, send someone to the hospital? If my kids had been with me, there would have been injuries, he hit right where they sit. This is NOT ok. He did this damage in a parking lot, imagine what he could do on the road, an expressway etc. I don't care how hard it may be for him to stop driving, he needs to do so before he hurts someone in more ways than just financially. He is not safe.

Ouch. I loved my van. I miss it.
I've been in one (or more) of the school's almost everyday for the last week and a half. I love to volunteer, but it seems to make me further behind with things at home.

So I'm not going to apologize for the gap between blogs. Somethings had to give, and the blog was one of those things. I hope to get my mojo back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I have missed reading your updates.