Saturday, May 02, 2009

Miracle League Baseball


The two newest members of the Altoona Curve....Miracle League style.


Drew's on first! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)


Uh son, it's hard to slide on the rubberized surface. Please don't ruin another pair of pants. Ok? Thanks! ~Mom



Gabe gave his "Buddy" a run for her money. Apparently he was all over the field. but he had a great time!






Group pictures of the Miracle League Curve team with their buddies and five members of the Altoona Curve in the back. (Yes, Gabe had to pee.)


I was worried that Gabe would have nothing to do with the baseball game. I'm told he loved it and even got a couple hits. Sure, he tried to chase the ball after hitting it....but hey! That's what we do in the backyard! Drew was especially pleased to play, and wasn't the least bit shy about it.

Five players from the Curve came and actually 'played' the game with the kids. This was HUGE to Drew. Rob threw out the first pitch and even threw some pitches to Drew. Caroline and I missed most of it because she had dance at the same time. I've been assured by Elsie (one of our favorite and long-loved Curve employees/family member) that she got a ton of pics, so I'm sure I'll be posting more pics when I get those!

The boys will have a game every Saturday in May, June, August and September. Everyone bats and scores at each inning, and every game ends in a tie. All around it was a very positive experience for all of us.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Tell me more about Miracle league. I am intrigued!