Monday, May 21, 2012

Busy!





I have no idea what all the random boxes are doing on this blog.  I can't figure out how to make them go away.  Apologies.

So it was a busy weekend.  Lots going on.  I have pics of some, others....well.....not so much.


Thursday:

Caroline's class did a wax museum of famous people.  She was Rachel Carson, a famous author and environmentalist.

Friday:
I spent the bulk of the day at Caroline's school for their spring party.  I have no pictures, as I was The Mom In Charge of her class.  hard to keep track of 28 second graders and take pictures.  So, no pictures.  It was hot, it was long, the kids had fun, I was exhausted by the time it was over.  The End.
Also on Friday:
The Egan kids showed that they could rock the Al Tuna headbands that were given away at Friday night's game.

These fine folks (and several others who are not in this photo) gathered at the ballpark to surprise me on my 29th (ahem) birthday.  I was very surprised.  Kudos to my husband (and facebook) for making it possible.  Excuse the stupid hat.  Rob made me wear it and it didn't quite fit over my pony tail.




A couple random family pictures.  Oh the faces these children can make.

 
Saturday:
We missed Gabe's Miracle league game due to Regina feeling a bit under the weather and requiring multiple diaper changes.  Ahem.
Later that day, Miss Gabi came to stay with Regina and the boys and Caroline and I headed out to her recital. 

Rob was able to sneak away from his game long enough to see Caroline's ballet and jazz performances.  Here they are with the bouquet of candy he bought her.  Who needs flowers when there are bouquets of chocolate?

This was her acro costume.  We decided it was our favorite of all the costumes she's ever had.



Sunday:

We started out day by attending mass at the ballpark with Daddy.  Drew was able to "serve" this mass.  Monsignor Mazur was so kind and patient.  Afterward I was blessed with taking four fussy children to the grocery store.  I then had to take those same children to Drew's baseball game.  They won.  We had to hurry home to get ready to go to church.....



We had May Crowning Sunday evening.  All the second graders who made their 1st Communion were invited back to be in the service.  Caroline was very disappointed that she was one of the only girls without a veil when they had their 1st Communion.  We bought a veil specifically for May crowning.  She was very proud to wear it.




Drew was the solo server.  As always he was very proud.

Our Rosie with her roses for Mary.
I knew someone was feeling much better when she was begging for ice cream.  


 It was definitely a busy weekend.  My house is a wreck, and the laundry has piled up.  But it was a good weekend, a fun weekend.  But an exhausting weekend!  Yep, I am feeling all of my 29 (ahem) years.




No comments: