It's been an eventful week. As previously mentioned, I got my new cast on Monday. I was also given clearance to go back to work.
Monday afternoon I decided to try my luck at finding a different, better, type of walker. I had heard about this walker from a friend who highly recommended I look into it. Lo and behold, I found one, AND my insurance (which so far hasscrewed disappointed me on so many levels) covered the rental. A quick call to the orthopedic surgeon provided me with a script. This was literally the most exciting thing to happen to me in a long, long time.
Tuesday I resumed some of my Mom duties. I got the boys off and drove Caroline to school. It was so nice to be out of the house! After dropping off Caroline, I went to the medical supply place and picked up my knee walker/scooter. The difference was amazing. not only was it faster to get from point A to point B, but it was easier as well.
I quickly drove to work, as I was so excited to go back. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I loved having a stack of files on my desk to be tracked, and dove in enthusiastically. It was wonderful to be around adults, and to use my brain. I was sent home with dinner and dessert for the family. It was so nice not to have to worry about dinner, as when I got home from picking up Caroline, I was exhausted. I work with some of the most incredibly kind and generous people around.
Wednesday went equally as smoothly, and I found myself getting very skilled on my new scooter. Melissa was kind enough to take a few pictures of me tooling around on my new wheels.
Can we say 'elation?'
Monday afternoon I decided to try my luck at finding a different, better, type of walker. I had heard about this walker from a friend who highly recommended I look into it. Lo and behold, I found one, AND my insurance (which so far has
Tuesday I resumed some of my Mom duties. I got the boys off and drove Caroline to school. It was so nice to be out of the house! After dropping off Caroline, I went to the medical supply place and picked up my knee walker/scooter. The difference was amazing. not only was it faster to get from point A to point B, but it was easier as well.
I quickly drove to work, as I was so excited to go back. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I loved having a stack of files on my desk to be tracked, and dove in enthusiastically. It was wonderful to be around adults, and to use my brain. I was sent home with dinner and dessert for the family. It was so nice not to have to worry about dinner, as when I got home from picking up Caroline, I was exhausted. I work with some of the most incredibly kind and generous people around.
Wednesday went equally as smoothly, and I found myself getting very skilled on my new scooter. Melissa was kind enough to take a few pictures of me tooling around on my new wheels.
An added bonus of all this? Weight loss. I haven't had much of an appetite since the accident. Getting anywhere takes a great deal of effort....and burns a ton of calories. I noticed this morning that pants I could not fit into pre-accident, not only fit, but fit comfortably. I'm hoping this trend continues. It's nice to have a positive in all this.
Happy.

3 comments:
That thing is awesome! I want one (without the cast!). You are looking slim shady!
Your post made me laugh so hard, I MEAN, be so moved with compassion for you!! I mean BOTH! Glad you are more mobile and able to enjoy it!
Love
Auntie Linda
(that "ie" at the end of Aunt is a new development to the word Aunt at our house. We always said it as "ant" but other friends have always pronounced "ahnt-ie: When Hannah got married her new(step) kiddos started calling my kiddos Uncle and Auntie. With Baby Charlie arriving on the scene, AUNTIE E AUNTIE J , etc etc... has caused ANT to evolve to AUNTIE so now I am Auntie too! Just thought you could not possibly live without knowing all that! ; )
I am such a good photog!! :) You look, dare I say it, Cute!!
Post a Comment