Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hands down, he's the best Mother's Day gift.....ever.

Today I was more than Happy to share Mother's Day with Gabe. After all, six years ago, he was born on Mother's Day. It seems like a natural marriage of celebration.

I was very blessed with so many gifts this year. All of the children made me gifts at school. They have very creative teachers! Caroline brought home a marigold plant in a pot she painted herself. In the plant was a plant poke made of a popsicle stick painted green, with a cupcake paper glued on it. In the center of the cupcake paper was a picture of Caroline. Super cute! She also made a card with a hand print and a heart, a laminated set of hand prints with a poem, and a certificate with reasons why I'm a great mommy. It was all so sweet.

Gabe brought home a flowerpot of purple violets. He also decorated the pot himself. His card was HUGE with flower on the front. He wrote (with help) a sweet message inside, and signed his name so plainly....WITHOUT HELP!

Drew came home with tissue paper flowers he made himself, a small jewelry box he painted himself. Inside the lid is a great picture of Drew. He also brought a ziplock bag full of goodies with a great poem. At some point I'll have to share the poem. It's really quite clever.

Rob spoiled me with a car charger and adapter for my ipod. Fabulous. I am so addicted to the ipod. Now I may never have to listen to the radio again!

Now for Gabe's party pics!!!! Please note, he dressed himself today, and was quite proud of his selection!



Digging into gift number one.

Ok Caroline, back off.
SpeedRacer cars....just up his alley!!!
Gift number two.....
Seriously Caroline......BACK OFF!
Drew was smart, and admired from a distance.
Opening his gift from Gramps and Grammie....
...at this point resigned to the fact that his sister was going to help. No matter what.
Cool stuff!!!

The BIG gift!
So far...no help from the siblings....
Wow! A Leapster!
Giving the Leapster a trial run.Methinks the Leapster is a hit.

Does he like it?Oh yeah!

C'mon Daddy, you can do it!!!I couldn't resist. Love ya hon!

The Leapster and the (sad) cake.Blowing out the candles.
Perhaps this angle will be more successful.

He had a great day, and even shared his gifts with his siblings. He ate a great meal of his choosing (sloppy joes!) and is very excited to be special person tomorrow at school. He's bringing chocolate chip cookies and chocolate Gabey milk. To the rest of you, that's chocolate Lactaid. I'm pretty certain he'll be wearing one of his new shirts and bring his Leapster to show his friends.

I can't believe my sweet, curly-haired boy is six!

No comments: