The weather was beautiful, the building looked terrific and the kids had a great time. For the first time ever, we had to run out and get more food! Usually at the end of the day we are begging staff and volunteers to take food home. People came hungry this year!
Once again we had very generous donors. $500 from the VFW!!!! I have money to start with for next year. Again, a carnival first!
It was a lot of work. A LOT. I obsessed over every little detail for months. But I loved (almost) every second of it. I had three fabulous volunteers who were absolutely crucial to this years' success. Even Rob helped out by picking up some donations for me, and cooking hot dogs on carnival day. The faculty and staff were fabulous as well. Our school nurse was key to the success in the kitchen (she also kept Rob in line and made sure he didn't shed any blood this year), the two maintenance guys were willing to do anything I asked of them....and then some. The teachers and aides were so gracious and helped whenever I needed it. Most of all the kids were fantastic. The excitement on their faces when they came into the building and saw it all decorated and festive was worth every hour of work and planning.
Truth be told, I'm already making plans for next year!











No comments:
Post a Comment