Last week, on a slow Monday night, Drew and Caroline got in line to Chicken Dance. Gabe insisted on going as well. I lectured him about staying with Ryan (the
I also had someone put a call out to Rob: "Gabe's going to chicken dance."
He showed up immediately.
Gabe insisted he could do it, and not run away. He was so tired of me
Rob watched nervously from the warning track, while I anxiously snapped pictures from the stands. I was so nervous I shook. He did well. He was so excited. And he stayed with the group.
He stayed near his brother,(Drew is in the orange shirt.) as instructed.
Now Caroline...Caroline, Caroline, Caroline. She seems to think the mascots are there solely for her entertainment. A far cry from the little girl who would scream in fear in the parking lot of the ballpark, and would refuse to go in.
Chicken Dance Redemption: Night Two
Things went equally as smoothly a couple nights later. They even mixed it up a little and decided to dance on the first base side, with Steamer. Gabe stayed right with his brother, and Caroline, as usual, was right next to the mascot.
I think we've mastered the Chicken Dance. Gabe now knows what is expected of him, and what is and (more importantly) what IS NOT acceptable behavior. I suspect the Egan kids will be doing a lot more Chicken Dancing from now until the end of the season.
**I would be remiss not to add: no interns were traumatized nor panic stricken either night.
**I would be remiss not to add: no interns were traumatized nor panic stricken either night.

No comments:
Post a Comment