Saturday, June 06, 2009

The chicken dance.

My kids love the chicken dance. At the ballpark, they do a between-innings activity with the two mascots and kids. The kids join a mascot on the field and dance the chicken dance. It's cute.

Drew and Caroline wanted to dance tonight, so I let them get in line (this is open to all kids.) As they were going down on the field Gabe looks up at me with those big, brown eyes and says "I can dance with Diesel Dawg too?" Against my own instincts, I let him go. He loves to chicken dance more than the other two, and he asked so sweetly...................


So I let him go.


Here's a picture.




Caroline is in the blue striped hoodie next to the mascot. Gabe is in the red striped hoodie.

Everything was going well.


And then.......

It happened.


Gabe decided he'd much rather be dancing with Steamer (the other mascot) who was on the first base side.

So he runs.
Across the infield.
Right between the pitcher and catcher who were taking warm-up tosses.

And he dances with Steamer.

When the dance was over, her runs across the infield AGAIN. Oblivious to everything and everyone around him, he continues to run. He runs from two interns who are trying their best to catch the boss's kid.

I am in the stands....DYING. My kid is in danger of getting hit by a baseball thrown by a professional pitcher. Not to mention my husband was going to lose his mind, and I admit....I was a wee bit embarrassed as well.

Finally, the interns catch him and carry him off the field.

The entire crowd was laughing. I can only imagine what was going on up in the pressbox.

We left immediately thereafter.

Gabe? He was absolutely thrilled with himself.

It's going to be a long summer.

No comments: