Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Regina: Month Ten

Where has the time gone? Ten months already?!?!

Stats: (No well baby visit this month. Some of these are estimates/guesstimates.)

Weight: approximately 21 lbs.

Length: last month she was 28 inches. I'm guessing she added about an inch.

Head circumference: Very large, very round, very Egan.

Hair:This month she sprouted what I lovingly refer to as the "Grandpa Munster curls" above each ear. This is later than Gabe's, but much earlier than Drew and Caroline.

Eyes: Still green.

She did so much this month. We traveled, we welcomed (cough cough) another baseball season, we visited with relatives, we enjoyed warm weather. She officially started walking, and communicates more and more everyday. She's made her opinion clear about so many things. Most of those things being foods. She's a very social little thing, and charms everyone. We're still taking Mommy and me swimming lessons, and she continues to love them. She recognizes the YMCA parking lot and is ready to get in the pool IMMEDIATELY upon entering the building.

All in all; she's a lot of fun.

This month:

Regina proudly promoted Daddy's team.



She discovered macaroni and cheese. It was very well received
.



She really enjoys looking out the window and waiting for her kids and/or her Daddy.




On this particular day she would not be convinced that her Daddy was not downstairs. She cried and cried at the gate. I finally took pity on her and took her down to see for herself that he was gone.




She enjoyed her first ride in the shopping cart. (I've since acquired one of those cloth contraptions that strap them in and protect from germs. Drew and I scrubbed this cart down big time before we put her in it. Sometimes having a borderline OCD germaphobe for a son works in my favor.)




While in Michigan she hung out with Aunt Julie.



She was the center of attention with Aunt Sandy, Aunt Kay, Uncle David and uncle Kevin.


Bailey the dog was very interesting to watch.


She REALLY enjoyed hanging out with her big boy cousins.
Jeff.....




Cullen.....




and Riley.



I bought her a walking/push toy. She was thrilled and started taking unassisted steps within the next two days.


The walker soon became a scooter.




God help us all.



She did a little housekeeping......


She enjoyed her new swing. We swing almost every afternoon as we wait for her kids to get home from school. She sees those yellow school vans and about loses her mind with excitement.




She wore another silly hat. (Yes, that is what you think it is.)



She loves to be with her kids. (Is it just me or does she look so big here?)





She loved the ballpark. Specifically all the places to roam about. She went here....




.....and there.




In her own seat. If either Caroline or I let go, it folded up on her.



When it got chilly and we moved up to one of the suites, she felt comfortable enough to take a nap. Baseball can get a bit boring y'know. Not that I feel that way or anything.....ahem.



I had to resort to bribery at Drew's baseball practice. It really WAS boring.



Easter morning was bucketloads of fun.
Align Center

She walked Daddy into mass.




She posed with her kids after Easter mass.



It seems like she grew and changed and learned so much this month. It's amazing that she's within two months of her first birthday. I recently read a quote somewhere, and while I don't recall the exact wording, I do recall the sentiment. While the individual days of a baby's first year seem to last forever, the year passes by in what seems to be a blink of an eye. So true. So very, very true.

No comments: