Monday, April 09, 2012

Welcome Home Jeff!!!

In late March (I know this is old news. I understand this blog is extremely belated. Cut me some slack, my baby doesn't like it when Mommy uses the computer for too long.) we traveled to Michigan to see this guy who recently returned stateside.



Do I have a picture of Jeff with the whole family? Do I have a picture of Jeff with any one other than Regina? Nope and nope. Do I suck at getting pictures? YUP.

Jeff had spent nine months in Afghanistan. We were all so excited to see him return home, and return home SAFELY. None more so than his parents:



So yeah, there was a party. A big party. Family and friends from near and far came out to celebrate Jeff's homecoming. We made the drive on a Friday morning, and got to spend a bit of time with Jeff before the big celebration on Saturday.

Regina was more than happy to take her cousin for a walk.



She enjoyed hanging out with Jeff and his buddies. She didn't show shy at all.



She obviously enjoys hanging out with boys/men. We will have to be careful to keep her out of the dugouts when she hits her teenage years. Oy vey.



Caroline, Regina and cousin Emma spent some time together. Emma really likes babies, and was very sweet with Regina. Caroline and Emma are great pals and had a couple sleepovers on this weekend.





Gabe claimed his cousin Molly as his person. Luckily Molly is a very good sport.



Drew always enjoys playing with Jeff's huge box of legos. Here he set up a 'Welcoming committee' inside the front door. I don't know if the committee ever heard the password they were waiting for, but they did a good job of guarding the candy.




These two jokers......well......joked, and hung out and were generally up to no good. Typical.





Regina enjoyed the step from the family room to the kitchen. Up down up down up down. She slept very well each night.



We had a great time and it was wonderful to see Jeff, the Gainers, random Egans and to meet so many other people who love Jeff and prayed for him so fervently when he was deployed.

I am, however, not enjoying having to constantly change the subject when Drew asks when he will allowed to play beer pong. Oops, I guess we should have headed out to the hotel a bit earlier!


***Many pictures were shamelessly stolen from The Gainer family, who are so much better than photo documenting family events than I am! Thanks Gainers!

No comments: