Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Drew's First Day of School

Drew was very proud to start school today. The only thing he balked at was wearing a 'button shirt' rather than the t-shirt he preferred. Instead of riding a school van, I am transporting him to and from school this year. He handled this change extremely well, although he was ready to go about an hour early!

We met his teacher and the new princ
ipal yesterday. This transition went very smoothly. When it was time to say good-bye, he assured his new teacher that he would "be a good listener." It was precious. He assured me several times throughout the day that he would work very hard and be a very well-behaved second grader. He was very excited when he went to bed last night and was up very early this morning.

Today he was all smiles when I picked him up. The first thing he said was; "Oh Mom, I love second grade - it's
wonderful." He loved his new teacher, he made some new friends and go re-acquainted with some old friends. He saw The Lovely Maura in her classroom and played with her a bit on the playground. I truly think Maura was the highlight of his day.

He is very excited to go back tomorrow, and even declared he will wear a 'button shirt' because; "you have to look good in second grade."


All ready to go with his Batman backpack and lunch box.

What a goof.


A close up of that goofy face. Anyone else see a resemblance to Gramps?

With his sister at the statue in the playground. We were waiting for his aide...who never showed. *rolleyes*

1 comment:

Emily said...

I knew you couldn't wait!

So glad Drew had a good day, I still can't believe "baby Drew" is in 2nd grade! Yikes!