Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gabe's First Day of School

We've had a week of firsts. Today was Gabe's turn. This kid will forever be a mystery. Pretty much every day all summer long he asked to go to school. Every.Single.Day.

Until yesterday.

He decided he did not want to go to school. He wanted to stay home with Momma and go to Wal-Mart. How random!

This morning he perked up a little bit when he saw the back pack come out and the lunchbox packed. He went without fussing, but only after making me promise to make him chocolate milk when he got home. Not a problem.

He came home all smiles, but has informed me that he doesn't want to go back. Instead, he wants to go to "Drew's school." I just can't win.

Ella, he's wearing those new shorts you sent him. They're cinched at the waist quite a bit, but he likes them he'll likely get a couple years out of them.

Don't mind him holding onto his favorite "comfort object". I can't quite seem to break him of that habit.
"You want me to come off this porch? Woman it's raining! I'll stand here and look irresistible."
By this time he'd had enough and was ready to go to school and get it over with.

1 comment:

Emily said...

He is just too cute...and I'm not sure they ever "outgrow" that comfort object!