Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Here, enjoy some pictures.

I don't have the energy to blog. I really, really don't. Maybe once Halloween, trick-or-treating, and the school parties are over I will have regained enough strength to post words.

For now, enjoy the pictures and the (albeit random) witty captions.


Look, my kids can rake! They were not bribed, they were not threatened. They raked because they WANTED TO RAKE. Wonders, they never cease.

We carved a pumpkin. Gabe wanted nothing to do with it. He was very busy watching Nascar (where have I gone wrong?) and did not want to be bothered with such trivial matters like gutting a gourd. Drew waved that bright orange spoon in front of nearly every photo. After a half a dozen pictures of a bright orange spoon in front of everyone's face, let me tell you what I wanted to do with said spoon....... And Caroline wanted NOTHING to do with any of the slime or seeds. She begrudgingly used the spoon a couple of times, but made it abundantly clear she was doing so under extreme duress.

The elementary school which provides classroom space to Caroline's pre-school had a fund-raiser at McDonald's. The teachers worked behind the counter, and the kids were encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes. My kids were all over this. Drew was mighty unhappy that he did not get any candy. Some days I am quite convinced that Drew's life is completely ruled by the promise of sugar. If it's not a sugary treat, he's not interested.


Adding to the foulness of my mood, it snowed today. SNOWED. In October. My annoyance at this knows no bounds.......
The kids were cute this morning. They were all excited about the snow. Me? Notsomuch.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Very cute, but I'm not sure I'm liking how old Caroline is looking. Please slow down that process. Thanks.