Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Surprise for Caroline

Today a package arrived for Caroline. She was thrilled when she opened it and found two photographs of penguins and a penguin pencil. Then she unwrapped the bigger package and found a beautiful penguin sweater. Her eyes about popped out of her head. "Penguins!" She jumped around and did a little dance because her "beautiful penguin sweater make me so happy!"

Her day was made.

A big "thank-you" to my friend Amber in Tennessee who took those penguin pictures, bought the pencil that reminded her of my daughter, and most importantly, who spent hours knitting such a gorgeous sweater for Caroline. Amber is a wonderful friend who has two of the most gorgeous little girls I have ever seen. She is one of the most hard-working, creative and dedicated home-schooling moms I have ever met. I am constantly in awe of what she does with her girls. I wish I had an ounce of her creativity.

Thanks so much Amber!!!






1 comment:

Emily said...

How cute! I can only imagine how excited she was!

Nealy got her card from Caroline today...she was THRILLED! (the box came too!)