Sunday, October 05, 2008

Trial and Error

Trying to get three kids to look at the camera, smile and not do anything too off-the-wall or goofy AT THE SAME TIME is really a fruitless endeavor. At this point I should know better. Yet I tried again today. My hope was to get something good enough for this year's Christmas card. Yeah, notsomuch.



The captions correspond to the photo directly below.

Attempt One:
Gabe: "Why is she doing this again? Why oh why oh why?!?"
Drew: "Cheese."
Caroline: " slurp slurp slurp"





Attempt Two:

Gabe: " "Does anyone have an idea just how long this is going to take? There are tractors to be watched!"
Drew: "I wonder if Batman could see the Bat Signal way out here......."
Caroline: " Oh they can insist I take the thumb out of my mouth, but I WILL continue to mash this ear."





Attempt Three:

Gabe: "Cheeeeese!"
Drew: " Yoy! Look at that! That is the strangest........"
Caroline: "Oh, my thumb....wait! What?! What IS that?"





Attempt Four:

Gabe: "My cuteness is being wasted on this nonsense."
Drew: "blabba blabba blabba bloo"
Caroline: "Cheese!"



Attempt Five:

Gabe: "What's back there? ANOTHER tractor!!??!! My head is going to explode."
Drew: "This kid next to me.....so weird."
Caroline: "I cannot believe she would wear THAT to a pumpkin patch! What was she thinking?"



Attempt Six:

Gabe: "Seriously, Mom!? Can we be done now?"
Drew: "I'm really not sure about that kid, I'll keep my eye on him. Darn! I knew I should have brought my cape and mask!"
Caroline: "I am woefully bored and this sunlight is doing nothing for my complexion."



Attempt Seven:

Gabe: "Did you hear that? I think the tractor is getting closer."
Drew: "Seriously, this kid is shifty. If he weren't my brother......."
Caroline: "Cheese. For the love of God, CHEESE!"


And this is where I gave up, I was sure I had gotten at least one good picture.


No such luck.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's creepy how in tune you are with our kids' inner thoughts!

Emily said...

Wes and I were both laughing at this one! Oh CK...good thing you're good at photoshop!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!!

Linda said...

Great pictures, hilarious captions!