Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

Ok, so summer vacation has been kicking my butt. It has a sizable target. Couple that with an intermittent internet connection.......(shall I tell you what Verizon can do to that aforementioned sizable target?) and blogging has not be possible. Every time I tried to upload pics, the stupid connection would drop, nothing would upload or save and I would end up annoyed and irritable. For the sake of my children and their father.....I stopped trying for a few days.

So here is a massive "what-the-Egans-have-been-up-to-for-the-past-week-or-so" post.





Gabe got a load of 'new' clothes from my friend Billie, who has great taste for her son Bailey. I am especially fond of these pants. Gabe so easily pulls off this look.



Caroline finally tried the water slide. She didn't love it, but didn't hate it as much as she thought she would. She has not attempted a repeat performance since these pictures were taken.




We had a birthday party for the boys at the ballpark. The each got to through out a first pitch. Every employee and intern was on notice that Gabe would be on the field. Luckily Rob went with him as was able to keep him reined in.



Waiting......


Drew watching his pitch......



Drew celebrating his pitch while Gabe gets ready for his turn.....




Gabe after his pitch...with Rob hot on his heels.....




Drew, calling the game with his new ESPN microphone. He bought it at Toys R Us using a birthday gift card from Miss Michele. This has been a very VERY popular toy in our house. We should have bought three. I still may go back and pick up a couple more. Just for my sanity.












The kids and Rob enjoyed a Father's Day catch on the field. Rob had his hands full. The kids had a blast, I think Rob had a nightmare. After Caroline was beaned in the head by a ball thrown by Drew (who was, to his credit, very remorseful,) the game was over.



Not to mention, Rob had to be on the concourse to be interviewed for the pre-game show. The kids love it when Daddy is on "the big tv."




Caroline with her new Dora earrings. I don't know if the powers-that-be at ESPN would be a fan of this particular look. This is definitely a look for ESPN radio, not television!








Gabe made the rounds interviewing everyone. He's a very attentive interviewer. Did I mention what a popular toy this has been?


So there ya have it. Sure we've done more than this, but I don't always have the camera with me. We've been spending a lot of time out in the backyard. Patching the water-slide has become my new hobby. Caroline loves to help me in the garden and the boys enjoy playing NASCAR on their bikes. I really wish they would stop crashing into one another.

We also spend a good deal of time at the ballpark, watching the Curve lose play ball. All three are becoming quite knowledgeable in what not to do when playing baseball and Gabe enjoys singing along with both the National Anthem and Take Me Out To The Ballgame.

We leave for Myrtle Beach very soon. But I'm sure I'll post before then. That is if the morons.....er...fine folks at Verizon can fix my internet issue!

1 comment:

whenpigsfly said...

Sounds like lots of family fun. Your kiddos are going to have GREAT memories of stuff they did with Daddy, and I don't think there is a child in America today who can get too much of THAT!!!
Way to go Dad!!
Good job Mom keeping up with that slide patching. I stay on "patch watch" wih our pool, but so far , so good!