Thursday was Caroline's last day of KinderCamp. For those of you not in the know, it is a 12 day program for students entering kindergarten in the fall. It gets them used to their school and especially helpful for those little folks who never attended pre-school. I decided to send Caroline to get her used to her new teacher. She was fine about leaving pre-school, and was very accepting of the new building (Gabe's school!). However, Little Miss Thing was not so accepting of a new teacher. She fully expected Mrs. Creamer to follow her to kindergarten. Yeah, not so much. She had a blast, and even likes her new teacher, Miss Milliron. To quote Caroline: "I like Miss Milliron, but I
To celebrate finishing KinderCamp, they had a short program. They sang some songs and danced a bit. It was cute. Half of the kids did the motions and sang, and the other half stood there, completely shell-shocked. (To clarify, as the pictures don't really show it.....Caroline sang and danced the whole time!)
We have a new neighbor. Well, that's not entirely true. I've seen him several times over the last couple years. I finally saw him out during the daylight hours, and was able to snap his picture. I've decided to call him Steve. Inspired by the video below:
(Yes folks, that is Steve. Of Blue's Clues fame. The dude with the Handy Dandy Notebook. Around here he was affectionately called 'Seeb' for a few years. Yep. Same guy, less hair.)
Seeing as it was a warm summer evening, I let the boys take a bath in the pool. They thought this was great fun. I was able to keep them occupied, get them
At the game tonight, one of the aptly named "Fun Engineers" came up to Drew (not knowing who Drew was) and asked if he'd like to race Diesel Dawg on the field. Drew was all over it, even after finding out he would be racing Dawg on a tricycle.
I think the best part for Drew was hanging out with Dawg and the grounds crew as he waited for it to be time to go on field. It was just for fun, no prize involved, and he loved every second.
I think the best part for Drew was hanging out with Dawg and the grounds crew as he waited for it to be time to go on field. It was just for fun, no prize involved, and he loved every second.
So there ya have it; another brain dump from me. The next few days will be busy as I try to keep the young-'un's busy so I can pack for the trip. I'll try to stop by one more time before we leave. Please note I said TRY.

No comments:
Post a Comment